use throughout Harsh Applications such as: Avionics,
Military, Marine, Mining, Industrial
Products / All Weather Fully Submersible Displays
VarTech's All-Weather, All-Terrain series are waterproof, totally sealed IP67 (NEMA 6) LCD displays. These ultra-rugged, harsh-duty sunlight readable LCD displays are engineered for the most demanding applications and provide exceptional corrosion resistance and protection from direct or windblown dust and rain, splashing water, snow, ice formation and even temporary submersible. Our weather proof lcd displays are designed for extreme environments and integrated with the latest optical technology for unparalleled Sunlight Readability, this series provides users with a reliable, high-resolution display with exceptional clarity, wide viewing angles, and extensive operational temperatures (-40°C/-40°F to +70°C/+158°F).
View Our All-Weather All-Terrain Series Brochure
View All-Weather All-Terrain Technical Data Sheets
Designed for diverse industrial, military and marine display applications. This advanced LCD module features a unique white LED backlight system, low power consumption, and a slim-line package that, while light weight, is highly resistant to shock / vibration and wide operational temperatures. This is NOT a consumer grade LCD cell.
- High Luminance Levels: 1000 to 1950 nits (cd/m2) depending on model
- No risk of backlight hard failure
- LED array provides light-source redundancy
- No voltage in drive circuitry
- Virtually instant warm-up
- Superior electrical to light efficiency allows our LED backlit LCDs to provide sunlight readability while consuming significantly less power than that of traditional CCFL backlit panels.
- Each LED backlit display is matched with our VTLED driver technology, the latest in technology for driving solid state High Bright Light Emitting Diodes (HBLEDs)
(more details). This driver includes our patented mixed-mode dimming operation, for stable low end dimming and ultra wide dimming ranges, minimum 10,000:1.
- LED backlights provide improved shock & vibration and improved brightness uniformity over CCFL backlights.
- VarTech’s thermally efficient designs enhance the long life characteristics of the high bright LEDs. Projected lifetime of our LED backlights exceeds 75,000 hours.
- Significantly improves Reflective Light Loss;
- Provides the best reduction of ambient light washout of any commercially available enhancement technology;
- Enhances structural integrity by supporting the LCD assembly with the cover glass;
- Offers superior ruggedization, including enhancing the display's durability under vibration, shock and other environmental extremes;
- Increases Extrinsic Contrast significantly;
- Eliminates the air-gap between LCD and touch screen overlay:
- Prevents the 'greenhouse' effect;
- Prevents fogging and moisture build up;
- Eliminates any contamination from dirt and/or other obstructive particles;
It boosts efficiency of the backlight's light utilization and minimizes the surface reflection of ambient light. The result is a transmissive enhancement that features higher contrast and a wider range of colors, even in bright outdoor light, than traditional reflective LCDs. This is accomplished by:
- Recycling what would be wasted off axis light and then redirecting light towards the viewer;
- Reflecting and recycling polarized light which under normal circumstances 50% of the backlight output would have been absorbed into the LCD and subsequently wasted;
- Finally, the use of a multilayer, ultra-high reflectivity, mirror-like optical enhancement film that is used as a very efficient light guide and cavity reflector with a reflectivity of 98.5% across the visible spectrum which provides a brighter more efficient display.
Standard: -20° to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F). Optional: -40°C to 70°C available.
-40°C to 75°C (-40°F to 167°F)
9 to 36 VDC, Wide Range, Low Noise, Wide Operational Temperature (Optional AC Power,
Universal Input 85 to 264 VAC)
Changing temperatures, dust, salt, and moisture considerably impact the electronics of marine equipment. Rain or splashing sea water, for example, can cool down an electronic enclosure dramatically, causing a vacuum of 200 mbar (3 psi) or more inside the enclosure. If the pressure is not equalized, air and moisture are drawn through the seal into the enclosure where the moisture condenses on the cooler inner walls. This can considerably impair performance. VarTech's protective pressure equalization venting system is a barrier against this type of contamination. The vent is waterproof and dustproof to IP69K standards (more details).
Power, VGA, Touch and BNC Composite Video and to ensure that each connector maintains its sealing, the socket is additionally tested for helium leakage (according MIL 1344A)
- IP67 Sealed Single VGA Connector with/without Optional Touch Interface
- IP67 Sealed Single VGA Connector, Single Composite BNC Video Feed, with/without Optional Touch Interface
- IP67 Sealed Single VGA Connector, Dual Composite BNC Video Feeds, with/without Optional Touch Interface
- IP67 Sealed Single Composite BNC Video Feed
- IP67 Sealed Dual Separate Composite BNC Video Feeds
- IP67 Sealed Three Separate Composite BNC Video Feeds
- IP67 Sealed Four Separate Composite BNC Video Feeds
- IP67 DVI Input only or with various combinations including Composite video feeds
- IP67 Sealed Dual VGA Connectors with/without Optional Touch Interface
- IP67 Sealed Dual VGA Connectors, Single Composite BNC Video Feed, with/without Optional Touch Interface
- IP67 Sealed Dual VGA Connectors, Dual Composite BNC Video Feeds, with/without Optional Touch Interface
- "Right Angle" Connectors
- MIL-DTL-38999 qualified – connectors
- Sealed NEMA 4 (IP65) Rated Stainless Steel BNC Connector(s) to interface preexisting cable runs
- Optional Connectors
- "Right Angle" Connectors
- MIL-DTL-38999 qualified - connectors
- Optional Touch Screen
- 5-Wire, Dureable, Resistive Touch Screen
- VarTech's Armor Touch (learn more)
- Mechanical Mounting Options
- RAM (learn more)
- VESA Mounting (100mm)
- Flush Mounting
- Console Mounting
- Optional Night Vision Compliance
- NVIS per MIL-STD-3009 Class B Gen 3
- Optional EMI/EMC
- MIL-STD-461E (FCC Class B is standard)
- Optional User Interface
- Programmable Function Keys (Available On 12.1" Model Only)
- Optional D38999 Military Style Connectors
2nd Generation Models Still Available Here: 8.4
Quotes or Further Information
Time and Money! Let our experienced display specialists
help you decide which products work best for your specific
needs and environments. Contact