Products / All-Weather LCD Computers & Displays
All-Weather, All-Terrain, Environment Resistant - for use in Oil & Gas,
Avionics, Military, Marine, Mining, Pharmaceutical, Industrial, Agricultural & more.
VarTech's All-Weather series of Displays and LCD/Computers are built to IP67 and NEMA 6 standards. Engineered and tested to survive very harsh computing environments, these rugged, sunlight readable displays and LCD/computers can withstand wet and dirty working conditions, as well as wide operational temperatures. The machined black power-coat aviation grade aluminum construction allows for exceptional corrosion resistance and protection from the elements. Our All-Weather PC’s are also available as ACP enabled Thin Clients.
- Powered by Intel’s Atom processing technology
- Up to 4GB System Memory
- 500 GB SATA Fast Access Disk Drive, Optional Hard Drives Available
- Resistive Touch Screen Standard (other technologies available)
- Windows7 Operating System (optional Windows Operating Systems available)
- Optional 2x Quick Access Front Panel USB Connection
Designed for diverse industrial, military and marine display applications. This advanced LCD module features a unique white LED backlight system, low power consumption, and a slim-line package that, while light weight, is highly resistant to shock / vibration and wide operational temperatures. This is NOT a consumer grade LCD cell.
- High Luminance Levels: 1000 to 1500 nits (cd/m2) depending on model
- No risk of backlight hard failure
- LED array provides light-source redundancy
- No voltage in drive circuitry
- Virtually instant warm-up
- Superior electrical to light efficiency allows our LED backlit LCDs to provide sunlight readability while consuming significantly less power than that of traditional CCFL backlit panels.
- Each LED backlit display is matched with our VTLED driver technology, the latest in technology for driving solid state High Bright Light Emitting Diodes (HBLEDs)
(more details). This driver includes our patented mixed-mode dimming operation, for stable low end dimming and ultra wide dimming ranges, minimum 1000:1.
- LED backlights provide improved shock & vibration and improved brightness uniformity over CCFL backlights.
- VarTech’s thermally efficient designs enhance the long life characteristics of the high bright LEDs. Projected lifetime of our LED backlights exceeds 65,000 hours.
- Significantly improves Reflective Light Loss;
- Provides the best reduction of ambient light washout of any commercially available enhancement technology;
- Enhances structural integrity by supporting the LCD assembly with the cover glass;
- Offers superior ruggedization, including enhancing the display's durability under vibration, shock and other environmental extremes;
- Increases Extrinsic Contrast significantly;
- Eliminates the air-gap between LCD and touch screen overlay:
- Prevents the 'greenhouse' effect;
- Prevents fogging and moisture build up;
- Eliminates any contamination from dirt and/or other obstructive particles;
It boosts efficiency of the backlight's light utilization and minimizes the surface reflection of ambient light. The result is a transmissive enhancement that features higher contrast and a wider range of colors, even in bright outdoor light, than traditional reflective LCDs. This is accomplished by:
- Recycling what would be wasted off axis light and then redirecting light towards the viewer;
- Reflecting and recycling polarized light which under normal circumstances 50% of the backlight output would have been absorbed into the LCD and subsequently wasted;
- Finally, the use of a multilayer, ultra-high reflectivity, mirror-like optical enhancement film that is used as a very efficient light guide and cavity reflector with a reflectivity of 98.5% across the visible spectrum which provides a brighter more efficient display.
Standard: -20° to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F). Optional: -40°C to 60°C available(LCD ONLY).
9 to 36 VDC, Wide Range, Low Noise, Wide Operational Temperature (Optional AC Power Supply)
Changing temperatures, dust, salt, and moisture considerably impact the electronics of marine equipment. Rain or splashing sea water, for example, can cool down an electronic enclosure dramatically, causing a vacuum of 200 mbar (3 psi) or more inside the enclosure. If the pressure is not equalized, air and moisture are drawn through the seal into the enclosure where the moisture condenses on the cooler inner walls. This can considerably impair performance. VarTech's protective pressure equalization venting system is a barrier against this type of contamination. The vent is waterproof and dustproof to IP69K standards (more details).
- IP67 Sealed Single VGA Connector with/without Optional Touch Interface
- IP67 Sealed Single VGA Connector, Single Composite BNC Video Feed, with/without Optional Touch Interface
- IP67 Sealed Single VGA Connector, Dual Composite BNC Video Feeds, with/without Optional Touch Interface
- IP67 Sealed Single Composite BNC Video Feed
- IP67 Sealed Dual Separate Composite BNC Video Feeds
- IP67 Sealed Three Separate Composite BNC Video Feeds
- IP67 Sealed Four Separate Composite BNC Video Feeds
- IP67 DVI Input only or with various combinations including Composite video feeds
- IP67 Sealed Dual VGA Connectors with/without Optional Touch Interface
- IP67 Sealed Dual VGA Connectors, Single Composite BNC Video Feed, with/without Optional Touch Interface
- IP67 Sealed Dual VGA Connectors, Dual Composite BNC Video Feeds, with/without Optional Touch Interface
- "Right Angle" Connectors
- MIL-DTL-38999 qualified – connectors
- Sealed NEMA 4 (IP65) Rated Stainless Steel BNC Connector(s) to interface preexisting cable runs
- IP67 Sealed 1 x Power
- IP67 Sealed 1 x USB
- IP67 Sealed 1 x LAN
- IP67 Sealed 1 x RS-232
- IP67 Sealed 1 x RS-422/485
- IP67 Sealed 1 x VGA
- Optional Connectors
- "Right Angle" Connectors
- MIL-DTL-38999 qualified - connectors
- Optional Touch Screen
- Resistive Touch Screen
- VarTech's Armor Touch (learn more)
- Mechanical Mounting Options
- RAM (learn more)
- VESA Mounting (100mm)
- Flush Mounting
- Console Mounting
- Optional NVIS Compatible
- NVIS per MIL-STD-3009 Class B Green (Night Mode)
- Optional EMI/EMC
- MIL-STD-461E (FCC Class B is standard)
- Optional User Interface
- Programmable Function Keys (Available On 12.1" Model Only)
- Optional D38999 Military Style Connectors
Quotes or Further Information
Time and Money! Let our experienced display specialists
help you decide which products work best for your specific
needs and environments. Contact