Our rugged industrial computer monitors offer a variety of configurations and are ideal for HMI applications in a variety of harsh environments.
VarTech's All-Weather, All-Terrain series are waterproof, totally sealed IP67 NEMA 6 LCD displays. These ultra-rugged, harsh-duty sunlight readable LCD displays are engineered for the most demanding applications and provide exceptional corrosion resistance and protection from direct or windblown dust and rain, splashing water, snow, ice formation and even temporary submersion. Designed for extreme environments and integrated with the latest optical technology for unparalleled Sunlight Readability, this series provides users with a reliable, high-resolution display with exceptional clarity, wide viewing angles, and extensive operational temperatures (-40°C/-40°F to +70°C/+158°F).
VarTech’s 10.4" All-Weather, All-Terrain, Harsh-Duty LCD Display System is waterproof (fully submersible) to IP67 standards and engineered to withstand the harshest environments and most demanding real world applications. The sunlight readable VT104XA4 is equipped with VarTech’s proprietary Enhanced Light Transmission Technology (ELTT) which allows for true Sunlight Readability and as well provides exceptional clarity and viewing angles. This advanced user friendly LCD display system provides extensive operational temperatures of -20°C to +70°C (-4° to 158°F)(standard) or -40°C to +70°C (-40°F to +158°F)(optional) and unprecedented video input capabilities from traditional VGA to up to FOUR individual direct composite BNC video feeds with easy one-touch toggle select function between each input.
• IP67 (NEMA 6) Fully-Enclosed, Submersible
• Rugged Machined 6061 T6 Aluminum Enclosure
• Ram Mount (more details) – More mounting options available, see below (All Mounting Hardware Sold Separately)
• 10.4" Harsh Duty LCD Panel with 16.77 Million Display Colors:
Designed for diverse industrial, military and marine display applications. This advanced LCD module features a unique white LED backlight system, low power consumption, and a slim-line package that, while light weight, is highly resistant to shock / vibration and wide operational temperatures. This is NOT a consumer grade LCD cell.
• True High Brightness Low-Power, high reliability Solid State LED Backlighting:
• Resolution: Native SVGA 800 x 600 (optional XGA 1024 x 768 available)
• VarTech's VBOND (more details) seals either a top cover glass or touch screen directly
to the face of the LCD which:
• VarTech's proprietary Optical Stack Enhancement (OSE) is a unique optical design:
It boosts efficiency of the backlight's light utilization and minimizes the surface reflection of ambient light. The result is a transmissive enhancement that features higher contrast and a wider range of colors, even in bright outdoor light, than traditional reflective LCDs. This is accomplished by:
• Advanced Deep Dimming to Black
• Wide Viewing Angles: (Up/Dwn/L/R) 80°/80°/80°/80° (Optional 85°/85°/85°/85° w/ XGA)
• Contrast Ratio: 900:1
• Display Color: 16.77M colors / 262K colors
• Response Time: 18ms
• Pixel Pitch: 0.264 x 0.264
• Enclosure Completely Sealed to IP67 (NEMA 6) Specifications; Protect Against Liquid Immersion
(Watertight), Rain, Dust, Ice Formation and offers protection from Other Contaminants;
• All Connectors Environmentally Sealed, Regardless of Connection also to IP67 (NEMA 6) Standards;
• Black Powder-Coated Rugged Machined 6061 T6 All-Aluminum Construction
• Bonded Protective Glass Overlay or Touch Screen with Sealed Waterproof Gasket
• Extreme Wide Operational Temperatures:
Standard: -20° to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F). Optional: -40°C to 70°C available. Storage Temperatures:
-40°C to 75°C (-40°F to 167°F)
• Harsh Duty Variable Power Supply:
9 to 36 VDC, Wide Range, Low Noise, Wide Operational Temperature (Optional AC Power,
Universal Input 85 to 264 VAC) (more details)
• Pressure Venting and Equalization:
Changing temperatures, dust, salt, and moisture considerably impact the electronics of marine equipment. Rain or splashing sea water, for example, can cool down an electronic enclosure dramatically, causing a vacuum of 200 mbar (3 psi) or more inside the enclosure. If the pressure is not equalized, air and moisture are drawn through the seal into the enclosure where the moisture condenses on the cooler inner walls. This can considerably impair performance. VarTech's protective pressure equalization venting system is a barrier against this type of contamination. The vent is waterproof and dustproof to IP69K standards (more details).
• Internal Short Circuit Protection
• Load Dump Protection
• Over Voltage Protection
• Reverse Polarity Protection
• Shock: Designed to meet MIL-S-901D
• Vibration: Designed to meet MIL-STD-167
• Designed to meet Marine IEC 60945 and IACS-E10
• EMI/EMC: Designed to meet FCC Class B (optional 461E)
• Environmental Design: Designed to meet MIL-STD-810F
• MIL-L-85762A - sunlight readability (air force - open canopy)
• MIL-C-22750 (CARC) - Enclosure aluminum, black finish with Corrosion Protection
• All input connectors are rated for full submersion including:
Power, VGA, Touch and BNC Composite Video and to ensure that each connector maintains its sealing, the socket is additionally tested for helium leakage (according MIL 1344A)
An extensive array of various IP67-rated PC Computer and/or Direct Video Feed input combinations are available; including VGA, DVI, Composite BNC (single, 2, 3 or 4 separate feeds), Touch (USB or Serial).