All-Weather, All-Terrain LCD Computers built for continuous use in harsh environments and demanding applications.
Technical Data Sheet
Thin Client Technical Data Sheet
LEMO Standard Cable Diagrams
Harsh Duty, Reliable, Feature Rich
VarTech’s 15" All-Weather, All-Terrain, Military Grade, Tactical LCD Computer System is powered by Intel’s dual core i5 4350U Processor, is waterproof (fully submersible) to IP67 standards and engineered to withstand the harshest environments and most demanding real world applications. The optically bonded high bright display is equipped with VarTech’s proprietary Enhanced Light Transmission Technology (ELTT) allowing for true sunlight readability, exceptional clarity, and wide viewing angles. This advanced user friendly all-in-one computer provides very wide operational temperatures, and is engineered using the latest rugged computing technology allowing it to perform in harsh weather conditions and extremely demanding environments.
• IP67 (NEMA 6) Fully-Enclosed, Submersible
• Rugged Machined 6061 T6 Aluminum Enclosure
• Ram Mount (more details) – More mounting options available, see below (All Mounting Hardware Sold Separately)
• 15" Harsh Duty LCD, All-In-One, Touchscreen, Waterproof Computer:
• 15" Harsh Duty LCD Panel with 16.77 Million Display Colors:
Designed for diverse industrial, military and marine display applications. This advanced LCD module features a unique white LED backlight system, low power consumption, and a slim-line package that, while light weight, is highly resistant to shock / vibration and wide operational temperatures. This is NOT a consumer grade LCD cell.
• True High Brightness Low-Power, high reliability Solid State LED Backlighting:
• Resolution: XGA 1024 x 768 native
• VarTech's VBOND (more details) seals the touch screen directly
to the face of the LCD which:
• VarTech's proprietary Optical Stack Enhancement (OSE) is a unique optical design:
It boosts efficiency of the backlight's light utilization and minimizes the surface reflection of ambient light. The result is a transmissive enhancement that features higher contrast and a wider range of colors, even in bright outdoor light, than traditional reflective LCDs. This is accomplished by:
• Advanced Deep Dimming to Black
• Wide Viewing Angles: (Up/Dwn/L/R) 80°/60°/80°/80°
• Contrast Ratio: 600:1
• Display Color: 16.77M colors
• Response Time: 19ms
• Pixel Pitch: 0.297 x 0.297
• Enclosure Completely Sealed to IP67 (NEMA 6) Specifications; Protect Against Liquid Immersion
(Watertight), Rain, Dust, Ice Formation and offers protection from Other Contaminants;
• All Connectors Environmentally Sealed, Regardless of Connection also to IP67 (NEMA 6) Standards;
• Rugged Machined 6061 T6 All-Aluminum Construction
• Turnkey LCD Display Ideal for Heavy Industrial, Marine, Military and Mining Applications,
as well as OEMs, System Integrators and VARs
• ArmorTouch Touch Screen with Sealed Waterproof Gasket
• Extreme Wide Operational Temperatures:
Standard: -20° to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F), optional extended operational temperatures available.
• Harsh Duty Variable Power Supply:
9 to 36 VDC, Wide Range, Low Noise, Wide Operational Temperature (Optional AC Power Supply)
• Pressure Venting and Equalization:
Changing temperatures, dust, salt, and moisture considerably impact the electronics of marine equipment. Rain or splashing sea water, for example, can cool down an electronic enclosure dramatically, causing a vacuum of 200 mbar (3 psi) or more inside the enclosure. If the pressure is not equalized, air and moisture are drawn through the seal into the enclosure where the moisture condenses on the cooler inner walls. This can considerably impair performance. VarTech's protective pressure equalization venting system is a barrier against this type of contamination. The vent is waterproof and dustproof to IP69K standards (more details).
• All input connectors are rated for full submersion including:
Power, USB, LAN, and VGA
An extensive array of various IP67-rated PC Computer and/or Direct Video Feed input combinations are available: