Phantom Series 17 Inch, Rack Mount, Mil Spec, NEMA 4 (IP65) Military Grade LCD Displays
VarTech's Phantom series is an extremely rugged display for highly demanding military environments and mission critical applications. These displays are designed to operate in extreme environmental conditions because of their lightweight design, power efficiency and durable structures. This series offers an ideal solution for battlefield management, fire control, driver’s view enhancement, reconnaissance, local situational awareness inside today’s rugged vehicles, airborne applications, and ship board (submarine and surface warship) consoles. It’s ideally suited for environments where sun, moisture, dust, salt and sea fog create challenges for standard displays.
VarTech’s model VT170RX2 display features a harsh-duty type 17" SXGA (1280 x 1024) resolution LCD and protection to NEMA 4 standards (IP65) which are designed to be placed in a variety of harsh environments requiring protection at the frontal bezel from the intrusion of dust, rain, splashing water or ice formation as well as reliable defenses against excessive shock, vibration and EMI/EMC interference. With proven advanced optical display technology and rugged design engineering, VarTech’s innovative display concepts make the VT170RX2 the most trusted mission-critical displays for today’s rugged vehicles, airborne applications, and ship board (submarine and surface warship) consoles.
• COTS Military Grade Rugged LCD Display
• IP65 (NEMA 4) Front Bezel
• Black Powder-Coated Rugged Milled 6061 T6 Beveled Aluminum Front Bezel with Pass-Through
• Black Powder-Coated Rear Enclosure
• 17" Harsh Duty LCD Panel with 16.77 Million Display Colors:
Designed for diverse industrial, military and marine display applications. This advanced LCD module features a unique white LED backlight system, low power consumption, and a slim-line package that, while light weight, is highly resistant to shock / vibration and wide operational temperatures. This is NOT a consumer grade LCD cell.
• Resolution: SXGA 1280 x 1024 native
• VarTech's VBOND (more details) seals either a top cover glass or touch screen directly to the
face of the LCD which:
• Advanced Deep Dimming to Black
• Wide Viewing Angles: Left / Right: 89°/89°, Up / Down: 89°/89°
• Contrast Ratio: 1500:1
• Display Color: 16.8M colors
• Active Display Area: 14.93" (w) x 11.96" (h), 379.1mm (w) x 303.8mm (h)
• Front Bezel Completely Sealed to IP65 (NEMA 4) Specifications; Protect Against Rain, Dust,
Ice Formation and offers protection from Other Contaminants;
• All Connectors are MIL-DLT-38999 Style Series III connectors (available as Service Class "F" or “W”)
• Bonded Protective Glass Overlay or Touch Screen with Sealed Waterproof Gasket
• Extreme Wide Operational Temperatures:
Standard: -20° to 50°C (-4°F to 122°F). Optional: -40°C to 60°C (-40°F to 140°F) available.
Storage Temperatures: -40°C to 75°C (-40°F to 167°F)
• VarTech’s Harsh Environment Controller Board - Shock & Vibration Tolerant, including low-mass
tantalum capacitors, Wide Operational Temperature Range
• Harsh Duty Variable Power Supply:
9 to 36 VDC, Wide Range, Low Noise, Wide Operational Temperature (Optional AC Power,
Universal Input 85 to 264 VAC) (more details)
• Internal Short Circuit Protection
• Load Dump Protection
• Over Voltage Protection
• Reverse Polarity Protection
• Engineered with Defenses to Combat Excessive Shock & Vibration
• EMI/EMC: designed with the intent to meet FCC Class B (optional 461E)
• Engineering Design Considerations to Address a Broad Range of Actual Environmental
HD15(F), DVI-I, BNC, 5 Pin Mini Din (S-Video) using MIL-DLT-38999 Series III connectors.